canom s9000 yellow lines

mibill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
no, the jets aren't clogged, just the opposite. with each pass of the head i get jets laying down lines across the page (only yellow). i don't know how many jets are in a row but, if i had to guess i would say 16. on the average spreadsheet it looks like the first 8 are normal then the next 5 print continuously across the page, the last 3 are normal. on a jpg i printed yesterday on the average the first 5 printed, the next 3 were normal and the next 8 duplicated the first 8. in areas where there was a lot of detail, all the jets put down at least a little ink. this happened to me a couple of months ago and with a process of wipping the face of the print head, running deep cleaning and printing test pages i got it to clear up. i'm having no sucess this time. i keep the machine on oll the time and usually do ar least a few pages a day, but normally there isn't a lot of color going on the paper. am i due for a new print head or is there hope?

on another issue as the tank runs out, there are sensors that tell the computer if a tank is low or empty. i assume that there is a l.e.d. mine is very inconsistant, sometimes telling me the tank is low and other times telling me it is empty. sometimes both on back to back pages. is there any adjustment for this or is it something i have to live with?

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
About the printhead, could post a scan of a problematic page and some elaboration on the phrase "sometimes both on back to back pages" regarding the sensors ?

mibill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
you know the popup you get when your ink tank (carts on this forum) runs low? well, when i print one page the popup will say i'm low. i over-ride the popup and print the next page. the popup then says the tank is empty. i think this is a hardware problem and i'm wondering if there is an adjustment?

mikie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
OK Here is the secret to clearing s9000 prontheads and more. Remove printhead from printer. Remove all cartridges. Get a regular Straw. Over the sink, place straw flush over each clogged print button and blow through straw hard. Then put print head under running hot water and the clogged will flow out. Repeat till clear.
Amen