Cannot print borderless 4x6 on Canon ip4200

atlanta_man

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've had the printer for many months and decided to load the bottom feeder cassette with 4x6 Kodak glossy and try some borderless prints.

Everything I try still leaves borders - though some things have made them smaller:
1 - the paper is an honest 4x6 inches
2 - the Canon print driver allows adjustment of a slider to add overscan
(I'm max'ed)
3 - the jpg to print is 2000x3000
4 - I've tried printing from Canon's included printer software, Dell Image Expert, Kodak's Easyshare, and PS Elements 4, all the same results leaves a white border about a half inch on one short edge and an eighth inch on the other three edges.

I'll read the manual and keep looking for something that is setting a margin override but have not found it yet. Any ideas appreciated !

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I don't have a 4200 model, but I have 3 other Canons. In your printer settings, you should be able to find a box marked "borderless printing"

Make sure that is checked with a tick mark.

atlanta_man

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
yep, have it checked - that's what enables the overscan slider

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Well..Don't use the slider...Just use The borderless option and "normal-size printing" and you should be fine. I use this setting to print hundreds of 4 x 6 photos for people in my business.

The printer will automaticaly print your picture "in proportion". It may be that you will need a "crop image to proper format" command.
Keep playing with settings, use your Print Preview feature so that you will se the end result before you print.

If that doesn't work, I'd like to hear other people's opinions.