Cannon MX850 - print individual fax TX report?

Tony

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks Terry for your helpful email. Your beaut INKMON5 is now installed (I've yet to recalibrate it for my printer cartridge specs).

And, after disabling the ink monitors, my new Cannon MX850 is printing heaps of file copy from refilled cartridges with no problem at all.

However, before switching to ink refills, it was auto printing fax transmission (TX) reports for each individual fax sent (which is critical in my line of legal work).

Now, running on cartridge refills, it won't print those individual TX reports (but will upon command print complete fax activity reports for all sent/received).

The problem seems related to the ink refills insomuch (after I send a fax) the LCD on my MX850 flashes "Waiting for report output" and "The ink is low".

Those messages are, I guess, in connection with the auto print of a fax TX report.

Any clues as the fax TX reports are critical to my work?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I heard alot about this problem: I think buying a resetter (about $15-20 nowadays) will solve the problem. I myself own a MX850 too and this printer is a great one: very fast printing and beatiful photo's. Sadly Canon saved on the scanner part, making it inferior to the CCD-scanner of its predecessors ,the Canon MP780 and the Canon MP830.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I recall reading that the All-In-Ones appear to require at least ONE new OEM cartridge (never been marked as empty) or a reset cartridge in order for the FAX function to fully operate as expected. I would imagine an aftermartket chip set as "full" would work too, but I have not read anything further.

I used InkMon for some time before I buckled and bought an inexpensive resetter. Terry's InkMon is fantastic. The resetter's are wonderful additions and might be essential in resolving your issue. Since your MX850 uses PGI-5 and CLI-8 cartridges, the resetters available will work for you.

Unless someone knows of a workaround, or you are not bothered by the issue too much, consider purchasing a resetter from eBay. Search for "Canon Chip Resetter" for a list of sellors.