Cannon IP6000D Printing Problems ..

lzrdkng

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I own a Cannon IP6000D and have been printing out 8.5X11 photos (over hundred of them) in the past few weeks and over half the pics came out great, but sometimes i got pics where there a bad Green exposure to them, so ive done all the matinence on it from the menu (nozzle cleaning/deap clean etc), how when i print out pics it looked like the pictures were BRIGHTNESS cranked up, so i saw the black was out so i changed that, but it still prints bad(wrong colors), had this one pic that is of a girl friend of mine and the background is yellow and when it printed out her skin was also yellow as well(not skin tone).. so i dont know what else to do..

would takeing out the printer head out and cleaning that do much or would a new one help? really dont want to spend the $$ to buy a new photo printer, but any help and or advice would be great ......

morrison4471@mchsi.com

thanks .....

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
What does the nozzle check look like? If you do it several times, does it always look the same?

I think it is risky to try to clean the printhead by removing it from the printer. The printer is designed to clean its own head but sometimes it needs a little help.

Here is a link where someone else had a similar problem as you. See if it helps you:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=17841#p17841

lzrdkng

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Photos iam printing out were sometimes coming out with green
shadow outlines and or kind blueish/purplish tint to them. then they started to
look real bright, untill i replaced the empy black cartridge, which
helped allittle, but when i printed out a picture the skin tone was
PALE and the photo looked washed out

The nozzle checks look mostly the same with the Yellow Ink one not showing up at all and the 2 Magenta ones being dull looking.. I took out the Printer head and cleaned it off with a paper towel and also the pads each of the cartridges go into and got quite a bit of ink on the towl, then i put the print head back in and all the cartridges back in and did a nozzle check and the Yellow FINALLY showed up, BUT just once.. i did another check right after that and the Yellow didnt show up again and the Magentas were still dull looking ... so to me it sounds like the print head is bad and or really clogged ....

and another thing is iam not useing CANON brand ink,iam useing compatible ink cartridges of the net,which ive heard will glogg up the heads faster...so looks like my next option is to get a new Print head for it and if that doesnt work the printer is more likely bad ...

if you or anyone else has any other options or what iam saying sounds right ...

thanks for any Help ..

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I have had problems with compatible cartridges and I recommend only Canon original cartridges either new or refilled. I take it you do not refill since you are buying compatibles.

Some of the problems I have had with compatibles is they leak and they have ink flow problems. It's really hard to tell if your problems can be solved with Canon cartridges. It sounds like you are having inconsistent results, sometimes things work and sometimes not. This sure looks like cartridge problems.

However, you do need to make sure your purge unit is working and that is why I recommended that you read through the posts on the link I provided. Have you followed the cleaning process that I described there?

lzrdkng

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well I cleaned out all the Ink Cartridge pads and cleaned the Purge unit with windex etc like the posts suggest to do and used windex on the inkcarttridge places like they said, well i finally got all the Nozzle test to print out all the colors right .. then i went to print out a Pic again and the pic still had the Green Tint to the picture and skin tone was greenish, around the Black hair it was Greenish .. so not sure what to do now, maybe its the Printhead bad or something, not sure if it is worth fixing $50 for new printhead and another $50 or so for a back of 6 CANON ink cartridges, and this still may not still fix the problem ... and the ONLY local canon authorized rapair place is $60 an HR .. so i dont know .... if i have to buy a new Printer, can you or ANYONE on here suggest a Good Photo quality and doesnt use ink by the Bottles .. thanks for any help and suggestions ...

thanks ...

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Before I condemned the printer I would suspect the ink that you are using and/or the paper stock.
If you don't refill and don't want to buy genuine Canon ink try having a local refiller such as *Island Inkjet refill **your spent cartridges. Their ink appears to be of high quality.
Also try genuine Canon paper stock, it won't break the bank.

*You don't say, so I am guessing that you're in the US since you mentioned using Windex.
**If you have some spent, genuine Canon carts properly saved (sealed to prevent drying out), as you don't want to mix with suspect ink.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You could also remove the printhead, and let cold running wayer run through it until it runs clear. Turn it over, and do the same thing. When it is completely clear, hold the printhead tightly and shake it a few times. Put your cartridges back in and do a head ccleaning and a nozzle check. That might do it. If not, use the other suggestions on this board..try different papers, like jflan suggested. Paper DOES make a difference.

In any case, good luck..It IS a good printer, and if you can keep it alive for a while, you should do so.

lzrdkng

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well iam going to clean out the PrintHead with water (Again) and make it is ALL clean and let it dry then go buy the 6 Pack of CANON ink cartridges and try printing out a Pic and IF that still doesnt work then i dont know what else to do ... I really like the speed of the printer, printing out 8.5 X 11 pics is very fast ... and the quality is great .. so anyway if this DOESNT work, what do u guess think of the newer Canon printers like the Pixma MP620B(best buy exclusive) and the Pixma MP620 etc ... thanks for all the Help ...

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Just thought to remind you that Manuchau said to do a cleaning cycle and a nozzles check after rinsing your print head. It is absolutely right. Don't jump on printing a photo right away. If the print head is not properly primed before you begin to print photos you may end up with a damage print head. I would say do two cleaning cycles and a few nozzle checks before printing anything. I lost a print head because of not priming it thoroughly and jumped on printing about 5 photos. 5 photos later the print head went bad. Nothing could revive it and had to be tossed. The print head was out of a long time storage. I used refilled OEM cartridges. I am still using the cartridges on other printers. So there was nothing wrong with the cartridges. It was the print head that came out of a long term storage that did not receive a proper priming before printing a heavy load of photos. That print head basically was totally dry when it came out of storage. It needed more than one cleaning cycle to fully prime it. What a lesson I learned.

lzrdkng

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
yeah I indented to do a few cleanings and nozzle checks first, just didnt want to use up alot of ink doing cleanings, since those seem to suck up ink pretty fast .. hope this works or i will have $65 bucks worth of new canon cartridges i cant use ..... since the newer canons use the CLI series of ink cartridges and not the BC-6 series ...