Cana-Pacific Compatible Cartridges?

Pistos

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with Cana-Pacific compatible cartridges?

Up to this point I have been receiving what seems to be VVG (green box) cartridges but lately I have been having similar problems as Neil reported with the G&G - leaking, draining, cross-contamination, etc. My Canadian supplier also told me they have had no reported incidences of this problem which would lead me to believe that it was either a bad batch or a problem with my printer except...I am in fact a retailer and the problem occured over several months and several shipments and with at least a dozen of our customers' Canon printers.

Having lost confidence in 'the green box' I began looking for other options and Cana-Pacific was another option except I have heard little about them and have no personal experience with their products. Which leads me back to the original question in the hope of gleaning some wisdom from the collective experience of this group.

Thanks in advance,

- Jeff
(long time comp.periphs.printers participant, first time nifty-stuff forum poster)

Pistos

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm Canadian, eh

I use primarily the Canon BCI 3/6 combination inks but as a store we sell for all brands of printers including Epson and Brother. Essentially what I'm looking for is a distributor of quality ink with a location within Canada. I was asking about Cana-Pacific because they are an availble option for me. I've been trying to find if G&G has a office or warehouse in Canada but unsuccessfully thus far.

I would like to be able to buy from companies such as alotofthing or Weink but orders take too long and cost too much when they have to cross the border.

I know this post treads dangerously close to being of a commercial nature but I really have the best interest of hundreds of users in mind. That we happen to profit from these users is incidental to making sure we provide them with the best quality/truest color possible.

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Atlantic Inkjet, comes to mind.Located in New Brunswick.I have only purchased HP ink from them in the past, but they handle Canon et al.

Pistos

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion Jackson. We have in fact been dealing with Atlantic Inkjet for almost 2 years but recently they have indicated a desire to drop their wholesale accounts and focus on retail business. In the past we have received G&G branded products from them but mainly it is the "green box". Until recently I was sure that the green box was alternate packaging for G&G products (it uses the same product #s as G&G) but alotofthings identifies it as "VVG" ...so now I'm just confused. Atlantic Inkjet remains quite tight-lipped about their sources. I find it somewhat frustrating not knowing who makes my ink but my available 'wholesale' options seem to be somewhat limited up here in the frozen north.

**sigh**

CanonPhreak

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Try calling John Mills at weink. I speak with him directly when I need special arrangements.

Pistos said:
I'm Canadian, eh

I use primarily the Canon BCI 3/6 combination inks but as a store we sell for all brands of printers including Epson and Brother. Essentially what I'm looking for is a distributor of quality ink with a location within Canada. I was asking about Cana-Pacific because they are an availble option for me. I've been trying to find if G&G has a office or warehouse in Canada but unsuccessfully thus far.

I would like to be able to buy from companies such as alotofthing or Weink but orders take too long and cost too much when they have to cross the border.

I know this post treads dangerously close to being of a commercial nature but I really have the best interest of hundreds of users in mind. That we happen to profit from these users is incidental to making sure we provide them with the best quality/truest color possible.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Well. I am Canadian too. I have been buying "Green Box" compatibles for Canon and Epson printers from Atlantic Inkjet for almost 4 years now, and until recently, had few problems. However, Lately there have been a lot of returns for leaking BCI-6s. I, too, would switch to a different brand in Canada if they were available at a decent price, since Atlantic tells me there is no problem with them..and that is bogus!! If my customers are having problems, other people are as well.There definitely is a problem with the "green Box" Canons..although the Epsons seem to still be OK.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To Pistos:

W e are in exaactly the same position - looking for a new Canadian wholesaler. I have just e-mailedyou through the board, and would like to hear from you. I have included my business e-mail in the letter as well.
Please get in touch with me.

Thanks