Can someone interpret this nozzle check print for me? [pixma ip4500]

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The reason I suggested you take it to a Canon repair center is because in my area, they only charge to diagnose the problem if you don't let them do the repair and you want the printer back. So it becomes a no-risk situation. You either pay for the repair and get a working printer or you let them recycle the printer and you pay nothing. But if the repair center in your area doesn't operate like that, and you realy like the printer, then there is an excellent chance that a new print head will solve the problem, but just in case, I wanted to alert you to the possibility that you may end up with another bad print head and a nonworking printer. Since you can buy a new printer for less than the cost of a print head, you obviously would take the cheaper route, not to mention that you get another set of cartridges.

What would I do? If I liked the printer, I would buy two more so that when a problem happens like this in the future, I would have a backup ready to go. Chances are, when a problem like this happens again in the future, you will not be able to buy another iP4500.

But note, I said, "If I liked the printer" which I don't because I don't like printers with chips in the cartridges. What I would do is look for some used iP4000's or MP780's and buy a couple of them. But it's important to make sure they are working correctly before you commit to buy them which means you will have to pick them up. If you are interested in doing this, I can provide more details.

pingo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer but I'm from EU. I do like this printer and there are no ip4000 available to me in Slovenia anywhere. Actually all I need is a cheap(refillable) and reliable printer that duplex paper and CD/DVD printing so I guess I should be going after another ip4500 (or ip4000)?