Can I use preprinted paper in a laser printer ?

Stumped2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I’d like to use some stationary paper with a preprinted colored border in a laser printer but am not sure if it’s safe to use due to the heated drum. IOW is the colored ink heat resistant or will it come off on a drum?

The manual for my Brother all-in-one printer says “Preprinted paper must use ink that can withstand the temperature of the machine's fusing process 392 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Centigrade)."

I’ve contacted some stationary paper companies but no one has any temperature data regarding usage. They just say their paper works in most laser & inkjet printers, or words to that effect.

Does anyone have experience using preprinted paper in a laser printer?

Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Does anyone have experience using preprinted paper in a laser printer?
All pre-printed paper will work in any laser printer, But this is the important bit, only if it’s Not been previously printed in another laser printer, but you can get away with printing one or two sheets before the drum gets too hot..

P.S. Litho or inkjet printed matter is acceptable..

Stumped2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
All pre-printed paper will work in any laser printer, But this is the important bit, only if it’s Not been previously printed in another laser printer, but you can get away with printing one or two sheets before the drum gets too hot..

P.S. Litho or inkjet printed matter is acceptable..
I put a sheet of the preprinted paper through the laser printer. The first half of the page printed OK but then the last part looked like a double exposure. The toner rubs off a little easier than it does from a print on regular paper.

The preprinted paper didn’t seem heavier than regular 20lb paper but had a slightly different feel to it. I fed it through the front opening just to keep it flat.

Afterwards blank white paper printed with a lot of marks & smudges. I had to clean the fuser roller to get things somewhat back to normal.

Once before I cleaned the fuser roller because I was getting smudges & it helped a lot. However the roller above the heated fuser has some black marks on it. Not sure what the upper roller is made of but it looks like gray hard rubber. But it has several short fat black marks on it which look like they were done with a marker. I’m presuming these are affecting the print & are responsible for creating the faint marks on the paper for some time.

Alcohol cleans the fuser but does not remove the marks from the upper roller.

Could the black marks on the upper roller be creating faint smudges? Is there anyway to clean that roller?

Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You may be getting frustrated with your problems or answers here, but starting a new thread on the same subject and issues will confuse everyone else on here too.

Delete the second thread and paste the contents here in this thread..