Can anyone recommend a good All in one printer which accept CIS

newland

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking to replace my Epson R320 which is rigged up to a CIS kit and has been running sucessfully for ages (after being modded for the overflow issue), with a new All in one printer, scanner, copier printer.

Can anyone recommend a printer which will accept a CIS system in it and is also a good printer.

The printer is used a lot. (ok not massivly but almost every day)
It's mainly printing out text and shapes but i do want it to be able to print good pictures.
I'd also like it to be Wireless but if it's not then so be it.

I've had a brief look around and everytime i get stuck. (trying to find a printer i like and if it capable of accepting a CIS system.)

Is there a website which lists CIS against printer etc.

Thank you
Newland

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Newland,

The Epson Artisan 710 or 810 is possibly the best AIO printer that accept a CIS right now because it actually comes from the factory with a built in CISS. The cartridges serves as small tanks. The aftermarket CISS for these are simply extensions of the cartridges to large tanks no part of the CISS actually moves. Because of this installation of a CISS on these machines is really quite simple. The only issue is that you will need to remove some pieces of plastic to allow routing of the tubes out.

If you are printing photos, the Artisan produces the highest quality photos in the dye ink category. The quality is superior to the even the Epson Stylus Photo 1400. The text printing speed is night and day versus the R320 you own in that it is so much faster. They are both wireless and the 810 has fax and an automatic document feeder.

MostlyCarbon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I recently got an Artisan 810 at Staples for $179. (Reg $299 - $70 rebate and $50 for trading in an old canon printer :p)

I must say that I have been EXTREMELY pleased with the print quality and speed of this printer. I bought a refill kit with ink online and have had excellent results. I couldn't spot a difference when it transitioned from the OEM ink it came with into the first batch of replacement ink.

Carbon, Mostly.

Unfortunately, my kit came with empty carts with the screen at the outlet that mikling mentions in http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5584 are no good. Yikes! They've worked well so far though. I would like to look into setting up a CIS for it though as I am filling one or another cart every other day. Like this one: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5310

CPM

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score