Can 2 same printers be installed in same XP Computer

zambo0

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Good evening, Will installing 2 x Epson T50 printers on the same XP computer go ahead without a hitch?
How will the PC differentiate between the two identical devices/drivers? Thank you.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
zambo0 said:
Good evening, Will installing 2 x Epson T50 printers on the same XP computer go ahead without a hitch?
How will the PC differentiate between the two identical devices/drivers? Thank you.
Youll have no problems having two or more of exactly the same printers on your PC.

Just install each of them normally as you would drivers and software included,
and when you view them in the control panel they will have the same name
but the second one will have a number add to its name in brackets.

You can if you wish rename them both for better identification purposes to stop you getting mixed up..:)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Just like The Hat says!

I have three Epson 2200s and twi 1400s
The show up as 2200, 2200 copy1, 2200 copy3 and so on.

Actually once you have the drivers for one model installed, at least on WIN7 ( not sue about XP ) you can just plug the printer into the USB and it will install itself.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Yes, and if you need speed, it is the best way to achieve it. You perform what is called a printer "pool" that works like a team. if you need fast output because of volume, this is the only way to achieve it. If you want 10x the speed of one, get 10 of the same identical printers and they will print all at the same time, each one picking up a print job from the spooler as soon as it is done. They work like a team...as soon as one is free, it will pick up the next print job. Buying a newer "faster" printer, cannot achieve what a bunch of slightly slower used ones can put out.
Windows has this built into the operating system ready to use.

zambo0

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you InkJet Master. Are you able to point me to where this form of spooling in Windows you mention is? Is it a program I can find & to simply turn on/off?.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
zambo0 said:
Thank you InkJet Master. Are you able to point me to where this form of spooling in Windows you mention is? Is it a program I can find & to simply turn on/off?.
Dont bother looking for the print spooler theres no point,
if you turn it off then you simply cant print at all without it.

Just install your printers and print as normal and both of your printers will work side by side
together totally independent of each other, just twice as fast.. :)