Calibration - please help

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
strobemonkey said:
@msmart - I use generic TY watershiled. Disc prints on my epson printer are very close to prints with epson glossy paper. I never got satisfactory disc prints with my canon ip4700.
Hmm. I get great prints out of my iP4500 (just slightly off-color from the flyer paper).

@stratman, I get mine from HERE. Yes, they are pricey but I only use them for the discs I produce for sale. For my personal use, I use THESE

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I love the Watershield print surface, and I've been a near exclusive Taiyo Yuden buyer for years, but their DVD-R hasn't burned well in any of my burners. Neither have Verbatim DVD-R disks. Maybe a different burner will finally give me the performance scans I am used to with DVD+R disks.

I have found one manufacturer of (inkjet printable) DVD-R disks that DO scan well - FALCON, made in the United Arab Emirates, with MID of TTH02. They are, however, a matte surface, so no photo glossy appearance nor the additional waterproofing of the Watershields.

strobemonkey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have been very happy with the TY DVDs and CDs. I use LiteOn followed by LG DVD writer.
I've a new samsung external writer and will test it later.

Latest posts