business cards poorly spaced on 10 to a sheet

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
This question could also fit with my Epson printer so I hope I'm in the right place. The problem is that the cards don't maintain their position... as you go down the page, the carts overlap more and more.

As many of you know, an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet usually fits ten business cards to a page, two across and five down. This is the backside of my card, without and with a view of the reveal codes (yes, that's WordPerfect!) It's a pretty lousy job on my card, the two views should show more space, etc. The small red rectangle is the cursor, but I think it belongs closer to the HPg code at the end of the page. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot2.jpg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't understand what the problem is. Could you scan and upload the whole sheet with your business cards, instead of a crop?

You can check if the printer has a linefeed problem by printing a graph paper. Here is a site with free printable graph papers for Letter and others formats.

If the printer is OK you could try another text program. I recommend the free LibreOffice.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
yes, that's WordPerfect!) It's a pretty lousy job on my card,
You couldn’t have used a worse App to print your business cards with, but you can use the mailing label layout, found on the top task bar, it’s in Mailing Tab section in there you can specify the sizes and amount of label you want to print at a time..

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
Thank you, Peter and The Hat, I appreciate your efforts. I was continuing the search too, and discovered there's a hidden code at the top of the text, actually a pair of codes. Turns out they were rather dated, something like 2008. So I updated those codes wth this year's date: 2022. That seemed to do the trick. WordPerfect supplied those codes by way of their packs of Avery paper.

Thanks again, for your suggestions!

Paul

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thanks for the feedback telling it was a software problem.

I remember Avery labels. Back in the Windows 98 days I bought some adhesive Avery diskette label sheets. You could download a layout program for free. IIRC I printed the labels with a HP DJ 930, that still works today.

Last edited: