Bulk Auto-reset chips : Manufacturer testing and support?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
This is aimed more at people who are buying in CIS kits and/or auto-reset chips to resell...

I'm trying to understand just how much support chip manufacturers tend to offer their reseller clients as I've been having a very long and drawn out dialogue with one ARC chip manufacturer and trying to get accurate information on how the chips reset, compatability, etc... is like trying to get blood from a stone.

I've already been given incorrect reset information on one sample and had another sample set which simply didn't work at all... Resulting in a lot of wasted ink and paper trying to force reset conditions.. Not exactly cheap research! :(

I appreciate that language barriers don't help but even things like pricing are confused with at attempt to discuss a deal of reduced price in return for comprehensive testing data on a brand new printer they have no data for, was rejected. What was confusing was that the quote I'd received was less than the "we can't go lower than $X per unit" response to my deal.

I hate being messed around like this but I'm wondering if this is the norm... Are ARC chip purchases a bit like Russian roulette? and does anyone have any recommendations (email if you prefer) because I'm losing my mind with this 2 month old dialogue.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
:) Well I guess I should be taking a little hint perhaps from the overwhelming response there :D

Not to worry... If someone should spot this in the next few months, to years and have some input... Please do fire away... It'll be appreciated.

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I see what you mean by language barriers..