Brother Printer MFC-255CW Ink Cartridge

TastyTaco

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Brother Printer MFC-255CW

My black and yellow ink cartridges for the printer ran out. Is it possible to refill the cartridges or do I have to buy a new one each time. The cartridges are pretty expensive in my opinion, I don't want to buy a new one each time. Is there any cheaper compatible cartridges that can go with this printer model? Or do I have to buy a refillable ink cartridge?

Please and thank you.

Tom Hock

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
There are many non OEM ink tanks listed on eBay. Just look up "Brother MFC 255CW" or "Brother LC61 ink" and you will find many sellers of the LC61 ink tanks, and refill inks for these tanks. I also have this printer and bought pre filled transparent ink tanks with refill bottles of ink for a very low price. You can also buy large extra capacity tanks.

mharris127

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I use the G&G LC61 carts for my Brother MFC printers. Eforcity has them in sets of four for $16 shipped or eight for $25 shipped. That brings down the price per page to a bit under a penny.

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Tom, from whom did you purchase the transparent refill carts from. I'd like to get a set for my wife's Brotherly fax!

thanks irv weiner

mharris127

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

Tom Hock

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The ink tanks from RMM's link (post #6 ) will not work in the Brother MFC-255CW printer that uses the LC61 ink tanks, but here is a link for large capacity tanks that will; http://cgi.ebay.com/4pk-Ink-Brother.../270698070012?pt=BI_Toner&hash=item3f06dcbffc . These tanks hold 80ml black and 60ml each colors.

My experience with the Brother MFC-255CW printer and these non OEM inks is very limited. I picked it up at a resale shop for $4.00 because it wasn't operational. It was a simple paper jam thar caused the problem. It is one of five printers I have in operation and I mostly use the others ( all Canons) because I like the rear feed for the paper, and I'm just used to them. I do however find the scanner on this all in one very handy. The few color photographs I printed on the Brothe printer looked very good to my old eyes, and I have a mix of some original Brother ink tanks and some of the ink tanks from my link in #5 post above . I also find the text to be very sharp. If interested in a Brother printer I suggest you have a local retailer demonstrate one.