Brother mfc235

andy001

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I came across this site via google.

I have a brother mfc 235 printer. Last week it stopped working, I cleaned it multiple times. Today I stripped the printer down, and clean the nozzles...because they were blocked. If i continue to refill the printer, is there anything specific i can add to generic ink. As this seems to be the problem with my nozzles as the ink is drying out and blocking it.

Thanks
Andy

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
andy001 said:
Hi,

I came across this site via google.

I have a brother mfc 235 printer. Last week it stopped working, I cleaned it multiple times. Today I stripped the printer down, and clean the nozzles...because they were blocked. If i continue to refill the printer, is there anything specific i can add to generic ink. As this seems to be the problem with my nozzles as the ink is drying out and blocking it.

Thanks
Andy
Hi Andy
I dont know too much about Brother Printers so with your help we should be able to get someone that does, but first.

Tell us a little about your printer, are you using OEM or compatible cartridges
and are you filling them, which method do you use.

If you are then what inks are you using i.e. brand where did you buy them from,
when did you first notice you had a problem.

When you use good quality inks there should be no need to add anything to them
and will work if you have filled the cartridges properly, so no offence..

andy001

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was using the original inks that came with the printer. I began refilling these a while ago. The method of refilling, was using a refill kit. With a syringe, with a small hole drilled into the cartridge and a small plug to block the hole.

The brand of refill is a non branded type, from a local computer shop. Separate colors for each cartridge.

I've read alot on the internet about problems with brother printers when refilling them because brother uses a special ink?? That stops clogging?

thanks
andy