Brother HLL3270CDW "print unable 02" code

kenh3497

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother HLL3270CDW
Hello, new guy here and like most, I assume, coming to hope to solve a problem.

As stated I have the Brother HLL3270CDW that worked one day and the next gave the "print unable 02" code. I don't use it often as it still has or had the starter toner in it. I replaced them thinking that could be the issue. Anyway it is 6 months out of warranty and Brother was no help.

Symptoms are not much. It does turn on with the print unable code 02. I can access most of the functions from the screen. When you turn it on it does not go through it's "warm up". You usually hear parts moving. It does none of that. It will not print a test sheet.

I did remove the left side (facing it) of the printer looking for a loose wire or stripped gear or something stupid simple. Nothing sticks out as "broken". There is a motor that turns freely and don't see any component that let the smoke out. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Hoping to hear somebody knows exactly what may be wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help!!
Ken
PS. did a search but didn't find anything. But then my search skills suck.

Attachments

• printer inside.jpg
    printer inside.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 215

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thank you in advance for your help!!
This won’t fix it, but it may give you other ideas..

Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remover toner cartridge, close cover and power on.. Then what does your printer do, still display the old message or a new one.. ?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If you have not already, search Google for "Brother HLL3270CDW print unable 02" and read through and try the suggestions.

Let us know what happens.

kenh3497

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother HLL3270CDW
This won’t fix it, but it may give you other ideas..

Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remover toner cartridge, close cover and power on.. Then what does your printer do, still display the old message or a new one.. ?
Same old message over and over.
If you have not already, search Google for "Brother HLL3270CDW print unable 02" and read through and try the suggestions.

Let us know what happens.
Done that and found basically nothing.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ken

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Searched for a Service Manual for your specific model and found it but requires payment. Don't know if it even has a solution for "print unable 02", supposedly a mechanical issue according to Brother.

Did find a previous model's Service Manual but sis not see anything helpful in my very brief look. Maybe you'll have better luck.

https://www.laserexpressinc.com/man...2240d-2250dn-2270dw-2275dw-service-manual.pdf

kenh3497

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother HLL3270CDW
Searched for a Service Manual for your specific model and found it but requires payment. Don't know if it even has a solution for "print unable 02", supposedly a mechanical issue according to Brother.

Did find a previous model's Service Manual but sis not see anything helpful in my very brief look. Maybe you'll have better luck.

https://www.laserexpressinc.com/man...2240d-2250dn-2270dw-2275dw-service-manual.pdf
Thank you for your help. Still no joy with a fix. Looks like a repair will run at least 50% of the cost of a new printer. Not worth it I guess. At least I have four brand new toner cartridges I can maybe sell for 1/2 of what I paid for them....

Ken