Brother HL-2130 consumables/refill availability

kswamyna

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,

I've planned to go for a Laser Printer and a little bit of research [not a deep one, just few google searches] took me to Brother HL-2130 site in India which is offering 3 year warranty and a Starter Toner that seller promises me that it can yield 700 pages and also conveyed that reset is possible.

Now I have following query...

1) I haven't heard of Brother in India and this is the first time and anybody have any good/bad experience
2) A search says that the Starter Toner won't have a gear that is very much needed to reset and we need to buy -- Is that true if yes do these gears available in India (where to get them)?
3) I refill of Toner for this model is really possible and necessary Toner and refill kits are available in India?
4) 700 pages is that too small and are they any better Model that is available in India that I should consider?

Thanks,
Swamy

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The BrotherHL-2130 is a lovely little starter printer and with its 3 year warrantee should give you confidence in its build quality.
The starter cartridge kit is a bit of a bummer but a full cartridge will only give you 1000 sheets anyway so its not that small.

There should be compatible cartridges available for this model (Maybe not in India) if not you can always try
and refill the toner cartridge yourself, best to check availability before you buy.

One way to extend the toner cartridge is to set the printer to toner save for all your printing needs
or set it to print using only 300 dpi and ovoid printing anything with large solid or photos in it..

kswamyna

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the response, I checked withe the seller
He says the cost of HL 2130 would be Rs 4700 and that start up toner could give 700 pages. He sells gears that could be used in Start up Toner for recycle purpose and claims 4-5 refills could be done before it needs a replacement. Drum life is 12000 pages and Manual Duplex printing is possible.

There is one another model HL 2240D which costs Rs 2000 extra, with start up toner yield of 1200 pages. Its compatible with 2 type of Toners the normal yield (1200 pages) and High-yield (2600 pages). Drum life is 12000 and with Automatic Duplex printing

My usage is basically, print my hobby circuits, print project work and learning materials for my son and print PhD thesis for my wife.

Any suggestions / precautions I should take let me know.

Thanks,
Swamy

kswamyna

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just to add to my previous post, Original Toners are available

kswamyna

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Update/Feedback and Thanks.

I bought HL2240D at the end as it supported Duplex Printing [along with the reset gears that need to be used for refilling later]. Per "The Hat"s suggestion, I enabled Toner Saver mode and could print 1640 pages before Toner light started glowing and currently using beyond that limit by following instruction given in Brother site - faq002828_001.

Overall happy with the Printer and thought of sharing this information and say Thank you to all.

Regards,
Swamy