Brother FAX - damaged in transit

Hogwild

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon D1350, Canon IP6600D
Hi:

I just received a Brother 2840 laser fax. It was never used, but appears to have been damaged in shipping. Attached are some photos of the damage (as far as I found).

From what I can tell, damage was mostly related to a part of the bottom, as it seems to have come apart/delaminated from another part of the base. I'm guessing it's not necessary for proper functioning of the unit, but I'd appreciate your comments on this.

I've also attached a photo of the other side of the printer base, with no damage AFAICT, just for comparison.

P2090452.JPG

P2090453.JPG

P2090454.JPG

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I just received a Brother 2840 laser fax. It was never used, but appears to have been damaged in shipping. Attached are some photos of the damage (as far as I found).
If the printer is working properly, then put a bit of tape on the damage and put it down to experience, Couriers are always clumsy when it comes to packages, it’s in their nature..

Hogwild

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well, I realized that the damage was not to the printer base, but the paper drawer. I figure that this is not the worst thing that could happen, compared to the base being damaged. So I'm going to remove the other packing materials and test it today. I'll post back with my results.

There's another, tiny plastic piece that I found in the box that's broken. I have no idea from where it came, but I'll post a pic of it too.

The fault lies with the eBay seller, not the courier. Based on the way it was packed, I'm surprised it didn't come in 10 pieces.

Hogwild

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
This fax turned out to work just fine after all. Thanks for your advice.

Hogwild

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well:

1. It's relatively private. Governments and corporations are snooping on more and more of our Internet traffic. In many countries, it's now all traffic and;

2. Medical facilities with whom I need to communicate insist on it, so I don't have much choice there.

But with a laser-based fax, it's pretty painless.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
1. It's relatively private. Governments and corporations are snooping on more and more of our Internet traffic. In many countries, it's now all traffic and; But with a laser-based fax, it's pretty painless.
And just as easy to copy too, cave drawings are not safe either.. But I see your point.. :lol:

Latest posts