bravo 4102 chips

videonet

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Pals, Ill tell you about my experience in that, I have two Bravo 2, I do myself the refilled cartridge very clean, in black cartridge take off the sponge, clean with water until the water clean the old ink. Dry with cold air. Then load the black(DYE) ink.For the color, the first time use destilled water to clean each color sponge, so the new ink do not contaminate the original ink. For the bar code, cut the plastic from original cartridge, then scan bar code in 1200 DPI, retouch with adobe photoshop to fix any pixel dark or bad.Then make a template in corel and print in glosy photo paper. That is OK, but the problem, that agree with "jtoolman" about that issue: (them the code is already recorded either in a chip in the printer or on the driver so it can count down your ink use), because mostly times recognize well the refilled cartridge original with "new bar code" or original bar code, but when try to print bar test after clean in "cartridge maintenance" do not recognize the same cartridge. Some time in this case take off the black, change the print setup for color only, and some time work ok. If I put the same cartridge in another Bravo 2, maybe work OK or do not recognize. So I think the firmware memorized some data about the cartridge. For fix this issue download the program "FirmwareDPIIv1.29_1.43.exe" and loading this erase data(im not very sure).Also recomend to download this program to test all the printer and adjust it. "PTCalibration1.2.exe".By the way the bar code I made are identical than the original, but there are only way to paste well, so Im trying to discover the trick.
Any new suggest welcome
Also must to recognize that the Primera bravo support work great with the customers
Mike.

vcavaco

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all,
does any one have a clue of how to over come the problem regarding the Primera 4100 chips, in order to solve the refill issue ?

That's because all the attemps to refill the cartridge, the chip that is on top of the cartridge tell the machine that cartridge is empty..

Best regards

wolverine.ks

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
anyone wishing to exchange primera 4100 ink cartridge chips (you send me yours, ill send you mine),
remove the chip from the top of the cartridge and we can mail them to each other.

email me mrfr@san.rr.com so we can exchange addresses