Blank streaks when printing - Canon MP730

dlaso

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Since yesterday, I've had a problem with blank patches across the page when printing. I am using a Canon MP730 which I've had for quite some time, but have never had any problems with it. I tried numerous different maintenance tasks through the printer software: cleaning, deep cleaning, print head alignment and nozzle check.

With the print head alignment and nozzle check, there was nothing printed in columns A and F (however, the letters at the top were printed), nor did it print the numbers -3 to +7 for any of the columns. Then I repeated the cleaning process, and tried print head alignment again. This time, there were black vertical lines in the boxes under column A, as well as the numbers on the side for all columns, but nothing in column F.

Similarly, with the nozzle check, there was nothing in box F, and A had only black vertical stripes. (It might also be important to mention that box H, the other black one, also was very stripy).

I then took out the print head and lightly cleaned it with a cotton swab and distilled water, but to no avail.

As I work from home, the printer is of utmost importance to me. Is there anything I can do myself, or will I have to take it in for repairs? If you need any clarification on any of the pages, I can scan them...

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Are you refilling the cartridges ?

Can you upload a nozzle check picture ?