Black Ink Cartirdge Problem

crazypanda

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
You guys actually encounter these problems when refilling with dye ink? What I usually do is refill it to the same level as the sponge. I then usually shake the cartridge up and down until the excess ink drips onto the sink or toilet. After that I insert it into the printer and all is fine.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
If your cartridges works that way that's how you should use it. If you get a leak that's because too much ink is in the sponge. Yes, I used dye ink and it worked fine for me.

doctorwho52

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Here's what I have learned about replacing cartridges, whether refilled, compatible, or new OEM.
#1 Before installing, let the cartridge sit in the same position it will be in after it is installed: let it sit for about 2 or 3 hours before installing. This waiting time allows gravity to pull the ink closer to the print head.
#2 Print an alignment page (some printers do this automatically) and make any necessary alignment adjustments.
#3a Run one cleaning cycle. This helps get the ink flowing.
#3b If you do not use your printer on a daily basis run the cleaning cycle once or twice a week. This will prevent the print head from drying out between uses.
#4 Print 5 or 6 copies of any full-page document with the printer set to its highest resolution. This also helps ink flow and will often take care of some clogging.
After this, return to your usual resolution. If you still have problems then you probably have a bad cartridge.
If refilling yourself, NEVER use dye ink unless it is a cartridge that only uses dye ink. I am only aware of 3 cartridges that warn against the use of pigment ink.