Big Mistake!

herky1127

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I debated on whether I should tell anyone I did this, but since I don't know any of you personally it won't hurt my pride too much. See if you can spot the error.

DSC02933a.jpg

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Cyan and Magenta look strange. What kind of ink do you use? I do see a problem. But I do not think it's your fault. Canon had the Magenta and Cyan reversed. You probably got a printer nobody else has. There is a simple fix for you. Swap your Magenta with Magenta cartridge. But give Canon a call to tell them you got a weird printer.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
I meant to say swap your Cyan with Cyan cartridge. No no no.... Swap you Magenta with Cyan.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
ROFLMAO...

Welcome the club... pull up a chair.. make sure it's the right way up.. oh and that cigar... light the end that's not in your mouth..
:D

Well done... we've all done dumb things.. and we will continue to do them.. ;)

herky1127

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I actually ran about a dozen prints before I realized what happened. They came out like a negative image. Kept thinking the magenta cart was not printing. I did a clean and printed another test and kept staring at the strange tint that Tin Ho mentioned. It wasn't until I compared it to an older print test that I realized my mistake.

I pulled the carts and soaked the print head overnight in windex. Suprizingly, I did not see any color contanimation between the cyan and magenta carts. The color of the sponge at the ink outlet hole looked fine. I sprayed some compressed air into the air vent to get some ink flowing out. It was not discolored. I put it back together the next morning and it worked fine. I thought I would have to replace the carts but no problems. Happy Ending!