Best refill system for Canon ip8750

hrgiger

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750
Yeah sorry guys, should of linked to it

https://www.octoink.co.uk/products/PGI550-CLI551-Refill-Kit-Bundle-v2.html

The carts come prefilled so havent had to do it to start with.

various videos about one i watched was

another video showing various methods.

https://www.octoink.co.uk/docs/kb/refilling-a-guide-to-the-different-canon-cartridge-refill-methods/

just wondered before i do my first fill, if any method is better than another and if anyone has experience of doing any of them.

thanks in advance
Si

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
if anyone has experience of doing any of them.
I have used several of the methods mentioned in these videos, but I decided that top filling was the way to go for me..

Now whichever method you choose to use, please remember, to follow all of the instructions and suggestions to the letter, there are no shortcuts (None) when it comes to refilling a cart, you either do it properly as mentioned or you make a balls of it..

Get it wrong and you’ll soon see the results in your own print outs..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Notice the leak test in the video. It is very important that the cartridge doesn't leak so don't skip this step. I will also recommend the top fill method for these cartridges,

hrgiger

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750
cheers guys i will give it a go when the time to refill comes.
fingers crossed all will be fine

hrgiger

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750
Small update guys for anyone interested.
Refilling went fine, followed the videos and all good.
I do think the little rubber bungs you put in the cartridge hole once you have removed the ball are terrible.
They go in put are very loose no matter how much you try to get them to stay in, so i have gone down the route of using aluminum tape over the hole instead and its a lot better.
I will just peel it off each time i refill.

Also bought a few sets of empty genuine carts off eBay so i can have a few sets on the go.

The actual ink which is the V2 Hybrid ink that Octoink sell is very close to the original canon colors when printed so i would recommend them.

All in all a good purchase, just a bit of work needed on the rubber plugs i would advise.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I also use the low profile plugs from Octoink. I think they are OK, but just for safety I seal them in place with a layer of Aluminium tape. To get a good seal from the plugs it is very important that the hole that held the sealing ball is clean and dry. Any amount of liquid can act as a lubricant and cause the plugs to pop out,

If left for some time the aluminium tape leaves a greasy residue when removed. For removing this residue I use n-heptane. It doesn't damage the plastic the cartridge is made from. I don't know the English trade name for n-heptane but maybe it is benzine, not to be confused with the highly toxic benzene. Lighter fluid is most likely n-heptane.

Here is a thread about problems with silicone plugs. It is a bit lengthy but worth reading IMO. Note that the low profile plugs sold by Octoink and Precision Colors are not the same.

Latest posts