Best purchase for refilling your own

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Presently I have a Pixma ip4300.. This is my 2nd or 3rd canon that I have been refilling myself and I can't imagine how much I have saved.. LOTS. I never reset the carts and have no problems. Sometimes after filling it can take many cleanings to get it to print but it always had. I have found it's best to wait 12 hours after installing to start working with the carts. This printer could be on it's way out and when buying a new one I want to make sure I pick one that is as easy as this one to refill..

I'm sure this question gets asked often but I looked briefly and did not find my answer so I am asking here.

What cheaper printer (don't need a high end one) should I consider. It does not have to be a canon. I just want a fairly easy refillablilty one like the one I have.

Thanks... and sorry if this question keeps being asked..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Some of your print problems may be down to the condition of your cartridges.

All dough OEM cartridges maybe the best for refilling they do tend to get poorly after some time
and need to be completely purged of all ink, dried and then refilled to bring them back to good condition.

Poor ink flow can occur when the cartridges get bunged up with silt from constant refilling,
the other cause can be from over filling resulting in some dried ink getting lodged in the air maze restricting good air flow.

You would find it better to manage your printing and ink monitoring if you got yourself a resetter,
it does make life a lot easier and is well worth it.

Now if you are in the market for a new printer my advice to you would be not to go for the cheapest of printers,
because therere nearly always the ones that are the most expensive to run.

The list below is some of the most common Canon printers around and their ability to be refill easy.

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=58849#p58849

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
These are the cli carts... can you point me to some good directions on purging and cleaning them

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3