Best printer for reliability?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I Googled "Total Cost of Ownership" for Laser and Inkjet. You might get lucky if you include a specific make and model of a printer you are interested in.

Here are a couple links to get you started. YMMV!

http://www.ganson.com/TCO-For-Color.html

https://medium.com/@amandam_95165/6...inters-for-home-office-this-2020-8c9398bbf337

These projections are typically under stable and well controlled environmental conditions. If you are in an arid or steamy environment then problems may be more likely than with a temperature and humidity controlled room.

What printers do people/businesses find well working and reasonable in cost to operate in your area? Figure out what you want to do with your printer and then seek out local opinions from those with similar printing habits.

NurseBob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
"I have doubts they will ever come close to being as cost effective as Inkjet. "
You may want to take a look at this link on Tom's: Inkjet vs laser lifetime cost.
Though I doubt the documented costs include electricity.

MichaelDargan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro1 Epson 730 & SCP600
I have had an inkjet Epson Artisan 730 for 7 years with a CISS system and this printer seems bulletproof to me. I know the same printerhas been used commercially for at least the same period by the CISS suppliers I use. If you can find one used it would still be a good buy and with the bonus of colour. The injects are mechanical rather than bubble tech. The Canon bubble jets are good when new but eventually the print head wears out, I have had three of them. They are cheaper but ink cartridges are expensive so I used a CISS system with them but they all eventually wore out. If you don’t want the issues of reinking then a cheap laser is your best approach with refurbished cartridges. So many to choose from and relatively cheap now it is hard to be definitive, but as always you get what you pays for :)

JoshR778

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA iP8720
A few reasons:
- I am concerned about the health issues related to being in proximity to laser printers.
- Laser printers tend to use more significantly more electricity than inkjet, and electricity isn't cheap where I live.
- I do not know how to refill toners, let alone the cost of refilling toners, or even the longevity of a standard toner, so there will be a significant learning curve.

if laser printers are indeed more cost effective and reliable than inkjet, then I may consider investing. However I have doubts they will ever come close to being as cost effective as Inkjet.

-------
Nevertheless, I thank everyone for their input :)
I will look into the Maxify 5 and monohcrome laser printer.

Well I can only suggest you Canon. This is the only printer company that I know about that has offices in the US with a call center in the US. I've been an HP printer owner for the better part of the last decade, and was fed up whenever ink would expire or a compartment didn't work even though it was brand new. No, enough of that!! Now, I am pleased to report that the Canon Printer here is accessible, wireless, and has a call center in the US. I highly recommend this printer to anyone else fed up with the BS of HP printers.