Best place to get 2nd set of CLI-42

martincregg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Precision Ink sells them...without chips though.

I needed the chips. Mike does not recommend his aftermarket ones. Per his website:

There is no warranty on the fit and performance of the compatibles. We always recommend strongly the use of Canon OEM bodies. PERIOD. No more statements on this. Either the use of real Canon CLI-42 bodies or REAL Canon CLI-8 bodies with transplanted chips is in our view the only way to proceed at this time. If you proceed with the compatible bodies, they are new with working chips but it ends there.

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
Forum member Websnail owns and operates Octoink. He is a good guy with a long history of trustworthiness.

I can vouch for this. Cleaned out my 3rd set of CLI-42's this week with Windex-Ammonia D and only this morning filled them for the first time (I am a refillng newbie also, and only find myself able to do what I do with such finesse thanks to the guidance from the helpful folk on THIS forum).

Martin, @websnail , if you are listening. I will be ordering a new set of 250ml Ink in the coming weeks if that is OK with you. Already refilled about 5 or 6 times in only about 3 months and am running low on many colors (not all, some reason Cyan and Magenta seem hardly touched, but both Grey's are nearing empty and others such as Yellow only 1/4 full).

Never did try the German method (yet). Figured to just go with what I already know and get these carts filled. Having 2 spare sets available seems much more straightforward what with 8 separate carts, can get inconvenient setting everything up just for a single refill session.