Best matching pigment inks for the 1400/1430 these days?

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Bailed on Ink (jet) carts (dot) us years ago due to terrible service (and haven't bothered to even see if they're still around), MIS has always been too pricey for my tastes, and my last supplier stopped selling pigments for the 1400 and now I'm almost out. Who's selling a decently profiled set these days at a reasonable price?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Pigment inks in a 1400 is pretty much an off-use, I would get pigment inks e.g. for the P600/R3000 and get the papers you use profiled for this ink set.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Pigment inks in a 1400 is pretty much an off-use, I would get pigment inks e.g. for the P600/R3000 and get the papers you use profiled for this ink set.
At the time, MIS, IJC and PC had pre-made profiles. I print flat artwork/graphic design for outdoor laminated signs, waterproof stickers, etc, and I print on matte or luster paper/vinyl, so I don't need photo perfect profiling, just reasonably accurate. But I do need fade resistance. All three above are either out of business or no longer sell pigment inks (MIS doesn't even sell 1400 refillable carts anymore, only remanufactured). The only ones that even come up are ConeColor which (at least apparently) has ink sets for individual printers and even separate matte and photo black inks, but doesn't have an option for ink-only on their site and seems even more expensive than MIS was, and only has printer profiles for Extremely Expensive Photo Papers like Bartya and JonCone and not things like Red River, Hammermill, or Staples Ultimate Matte; and Cobra, which just has one set for all 6-color printers which makes me feel like the pigment inks are not a priority (they're far more focused on sublimation), though they do say they have printer profiles which are hidden unless you've actually bought the ink. I've inquired about what papers they have profiles for.

I just want something I can buy, download profiles and use with reasonable accuracy. I don't want to have to spend even more money and time getting the printer custom profiled. I guess the 1400 isn't on the 'profitable' list for refill companies anymore, and I still have another one and a 1430 left.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I guess the 1400 isn't on the 'profitable' list for refill companies anymore, and I still have another one and a 1430 left.
even less for with pigment inks in a 1400 typically running with dye inks. You either take the risk with R3000/P600 inks and/or get custom profiles for best color rendering.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Again, the initial question: are there any sellers out there/opinions on the only 2 'major' ones I've found so far (Cone and Cobra) that still sell pigment inks for the 1400 that are already profiled?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Conecolor inks are at the top of the pricing range and you are limited to the range of papers they have profiles for, if that's o.k. for you.

ice-t

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 1500w
Again, the initial question: are there any sellers out there/opinions on the only 2 'major' ones I've found so far (Cone and Cobra) that still sell pigment inks for the 1400 that are already profiled?
I use Inktec powerchrome k3 from Octoinkjet since 4years , no problems with that ink, they can also provide you with icc profiles , my 1500W is the same build as a 140o or 1430

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Anyone distributing Powerchrome K3 in the US these days? Pretty impressed by the dpreview pics of prints on glossy paper. Though 90% of my prints are on matte/canvas so I'd stick with the matte black anyway.

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
I have a couple of 1430's to keep happy and lately I've been getting their needed supplies at octoinkjet.co.uk They've even got a section highlighting supplies mentioning Paul Roark! Their director is Martin (I can't think of his last name just now) and he is highly conscientious and deserving of success.

I do hope MIS has a resurgence... postage for US customers is less expensive there. Nevertheless Martin's postage is quite reasonable, and speedy, considering the distance.

Paul W.

Last edited: