Best Color laserjet for non-regular home use

generaluser

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have to occasionally print few color pages. I was considering to buy an easy to refill Inkjet printer but then read on forums that inkjet's nozzles get clogged if used occasionally. So I thought I should consider buying a color laser instead which has cartridges easy to re-manufacture. What printer do you guys suggest would be good for occasional color printing and would be easy to refill?

Waiting for your replies

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
generaluser said:
I have to occasionally print few color pages. I was considering to buy an easy to refill Inkjet printer but then read on forums that inkjet's nozzles get clogged if used occasionally. So I thought I should consider buying a color laser instead which has cartridges easy to re-manufacture. What printer do you guys suggest would be good for occasional color printing and would be easy to refill?

Waiting for your replies
There is a large number of very good inkjet printers that would do the perfect job for you.
Yes inkjet printers are known to have a few problems with clogs but only if youre not looking after them with a little bit of care thats all.

A colour laser will fit the bill for you in more way than one buy a cheap one and the running costs and maintenance are huge.
Buy an expensive one and the running costs are less with fewer break downs and replacement parts etc.

You could afford to buy a half dozen inkjet printers for the cost of a good colour laser
so if the inkjet packed in you can dump it and get another one.

I think you are looking at what you want to print with your pocket in mind and not your head,
do a bit more reading on the inkjets on which ones are easier to refill and maintain
by using the Search button on the top of the Nifty site and then decide which is easer cheaper and more cost effective, best quality
and above all wont cost you as much hair loss in the long run.

When you come to your final decision on which one you would rather buy then ask yourself
why most guys choose to own an inkjet printer and not a Colour laser printer,
then you'll know you have come to the right decision..:)

generaluser

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks @The Hat for such a detailed and great reply

So I guess i would go with an inkjet. I have searched the forum today and before as well but most of the replies quote ip4000/4200 or other older printers which are not available where i live and the newer ones have problems with chips and things like that so do you have any idea which current inkjet would be the best bet between availability and easy refilling?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
generaluser said:
Thanks @The Hat for such a detailed and great reply

So I guess i would go with an inkjet. I have searched the forum today and before as well but most of the replies quote ip4000/4200 or other older printers which are not available where i live and the newer ones have problems with chips and things like that so do you have any idea which current inkjet would be the best bet between availability and easy refilling?
As I have said earlier there are quite a few but you dont say where youre based or you preference
as to which brand of printer you would prefer after all your extensive reading..:)

generaluser

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Lolz at "extensive reading" :) Thankyou THE HAT for replying

I intend to print both photos and Color docs. I have a Monochrome laser (HP 1300 a great money saver) for texts so black and white stuff is not an issue.
Regarding the brand, I would prefer any brand which provides the best balance between good quality and cost effective refilling.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
generaluser said:
Lolz at "extensive reading" :) Thankyou THE HAT for replying

I intend to print both photos and Color docs. I have a Monochrome laser (HP 1300 a great money saver) for texts so black and white stuff is not an issue.
Regarding the brand, I would prefer any brand which provides the best balance between good quality and cost effective refilling.
I only use Canon printers myself now, once I got my first Canon I was hooked on them.
So there are three which I could recommend to you going up in price,
thats if your buying new and not getting it second hand somewhere.

First is the iP3600 then the iP4820 and last is the all in one MX870.
Each of these printers can be refilled relatively easy with little or no experience at all.

Saying that I think you should read an earlier thread I done on refilling,
just to give you an idea of the costs involved so that youd be less lightly to take disastrous shortcuts..

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=51118#p51118