Best Canon Multifunction that has Unchipped Cartridges

websledder

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:cool: Can anyone help me understand which was the latest Canon multifunction that used unchipped cartridges?
Thx,
G

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I would say that would have to be the Canon MP750-MP780 units. They use the BCI-3e and BCI-6 ink carts and are just a newer version of the MP730, which I Have. If you want more information about them, go to the following link and select the printer you want to look at.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=SupportIndexAct First select "Multifunction", then in box 2 select "inkjet", and it the last box, choose the printer you want to look at.

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
MP780 is long gone. You should consider a MP830 now. Although it is chipped its printing speed is far faster than MP780. Chipped cartridges are refillable just like unchipped ones.

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
MP830 is a 5 ink cartridge setup. Are the 4 ink cartridges systems ( like the MP730) no longer in existence?

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Ocular, Websledder,.. The original question was asking for the best MP unit that uses the BCI-X ink carts and my answer is still the same,.. the MP 750-780. The new ones use CLI-8 ink carts but that is not what you wanted.

Of course these are not for sale by Canon but you can still buy them on eBay and sometimes you can find them other places. I don't know what the original desire was but you were probably afraid of getting a new one and then when you run out of ink you would have to buy more expensive Canon ink carts or start refilling them yourself and worry about what to do if your printer breaks and Canon won't honor your warranty. I know people are not very trusting of things for sale on eBay but some are also very good. It really depends on how comfortable you are and how much knowledge you have when it comes to fixing or repairing things. If you can't or don't want to fix anything, then you should just buy a new model MP and live with the warranty issue. I have a new iP6600D and I have to refill and not worry about the warranty,... but I also feel I could fix anything that would break since I've done that on every printer Canon makes in the iSeries. I have also done the MP 730 which has got to be the most difficult of all, yet I did it. It all comes down to experience. Something may look very hard until you've done it 2 or 3 times, but after that,... it is like field stripping a 30 caliber machine gun in the dark... lots of fun.