Best black and white laser printer that works with compatible toner cartridges

glprint

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp OfficeJet Pro 8600
I need to buy a black and white laser/led printer and I have narrowed down the choice to these two network devices:

1) Brother HLL2350DW (30 ppm 109€)

2) Oki B412dn (33 ppm 122€)

The Brother wins when used with compatible toner cartridges: 2 x 3000 pages toner cartridges cost €21.90 both on Amazon. Most user comments on Amazon suggest that compatible toner cartridges work reliably with this Brother printer, while for the Oki printer the compatible toner cartridges are not judged reliable by users.

The Oki printer wins when used with the original toners: the genuine 7000 page Oki toner is about 70 € on Amazon, while the genuine Brother 3000 page toner is about 80 € also on Amazon.

I would take the Oki printer if the compatible toners were reliable, but I’m not sure: what is worth buying ? Is there a better alternative to these two printers ?

Last edited:

glprint

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp OfficeJet Pro 8600
One of the most incredible highly contrasting laser printers that works consistently with viable toner cartridges ...

I assume that you are talking about the Brother printer I mentioned in my initial message ...

Do you know of any alternatives to that printer that offer similar quality and work with compatible toners ?