Beloved i9900

Etoile

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900
i am so grateful for your input and support! Since I never set to high gloss photo paper, that would mean that the red and green cartridges are never used?
Setting that aside, would you specify where am I finding the printer preferences to try to achieve the results I’m looking for?

I‘ve been attempting this all morning, maybe not the right way though....the results are either too dark or too light, missing the little nuance that makes it magic.

Would you clarify as you said that there would be a little bit of color never completely blank in the section that isn’t functioning? Do you mean that it would be blank if it’s electrical or never completely blank if electrical?

You’re giving me hope that I can find a way to do this.

Maybe better to wait to hear back from you....Thank you infinitely.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Would you clarify as you said that there would be a little bit of color never completely blank in the section that isn’t functioning? Do you mean that it would be blank if it’s electrical or never completely blank if electrical?
Missing ink is bad. It can be from a clog(s), empty cartridge, poor ink flow through the cartridge (ink starvation) or from electrical failure in the print head and/or logic assay board.

Your nozzle check show multiple abnormalities besides missing CYM. There is banding in the vertical black bars. There are striations or horizontal lines BK which relate to the banding in the vertical bars or just be scanner/compression artifact. The PC nozzle check has a wider horizontal bar of lighter color just below the midline. Maybe this is artifact, too. These imperfections in the horizontal bars may be clogs, burned out nozzles . The straight geometric stripe of lighter color ink in PC is a pattern seen with electrical malfunction.

If all the nozzle check swaths look homogenous to you then not to worry.

The CYM is either a galactic clog event or it is an electrical malfunction and is terminal, finite, over for the print head. You can try flushing and soaking over a week or two. If some color begins to return the continue with more soaking and flushing till you cannot stand it no more or function returns. I think this is a pipe dream but you have nothing to lose with this print head at the moment.

Taking apart the print head is a high risk procedure and done as a Hail Mary with hope of cleaning to return to function but with the sober realization you may fully kill the print head in the process.