Be Careful...Very Careful of Windows 10 Creator's Edition Update

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
Ill have to ask, when he cools down, I would imagine he deleted all the partitions on his drives, had he used a little patience he could have pulled it off with the link you posted...heh

The creators update is 1703..

I am not sure I feel bad for him, I recall loosing a 1TB HDD 3/4 full, he thought it was funny, one of the things I lost was 8 Windows 7 Pro keys I got from a MSDN academic through CSM (I think it was CSM, Ill have a look)

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Well after slogging through maybe a whole complete day with retrying 4 times. Ran windows update troublehotter, removed software, hardware etc.. it came down to reimaging my an original Win 10 upgrade and upgrading to Creators edition successfully. I concluded it was not a hardware problem nor "clean" install software problem. It has something to do with my old Win7 apps and OS upgraded to Win10 creator's edition. So I had to go back to a Pre Creators edition image and stay there until I have more time to gather up all data and reinstall and hope it goes cleanly. It could be an old app causing issues. I simply think it has to do with remnants of old apps since Win7.

Oh for those interested, I hope you have kept a Pre Anniversary Edition image kicking around. These are OK to be moved around different machines and hardware. I found that images after Anniversary edition do not like getting shuffled around for testing.

In the meanwhile. I have come across some Creator's Edition printing issues associated with bar codes. The native Win 10 PDF reader will sometimes not print bar codes cleanly across three different models of printers. Same for Adobe reader DC. I am only able to get the Pre Creator's edition machine to print the bar codes correctly. Whether or not this happens on pictures I don't know, But I would keep my eye open for the possibility. So despite Creator's edition installing apparently cleanly, there are some significant changes in the inner workings. One reason, Microsoft at this time does now favor folks directly installing Creator's edition. It must be done as an update. In doing the other 3 machines....it is better to use the Win 10 upgrade assistant to make the update. It is apparently from what I saw faster. Why?>>>>????

Latest posts