BCi6 & BCi3 Colours - Whats the Difference?

d86cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an actually difference between the inks for the Bci 3's and 6s'?
I've been swapping between the two, with OCP and also have used 3 and 6 OEM's in my new MP760 with so far no ill effects.

I was just wondering if there was actually any difference between the two? Maybe one is more fade resistant than the other or one is waterfast etc? The ink looks the same, and seems to have the same viscosity - to the eye at any rate.

Regs,

Dan

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I've used BCI-3/6s on my Canon printers (S800, I950, iP4000 and i9900) without any problems. From what I gather Canon claims the shades are a little different. I haven't noticed any difference, however I've seen some posts where some people usint the BCI-3 as opposed to BCI-6 will get a magenta cast. I have profiling software and don't have that problem.

d86cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I get a slight magenta cast whist using re-fills with OCP ink, although i found it wasnt the magenta cart that was casing it, it was the cyan, strange i know!

Interesting about the shades though! Maybe i'll do an experiment with some carts when i'm nearly out and then i'll change to a different set.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Reducing one color will increase the appearance of other colors. Makes sense as almost all colors printed with an inkjet are a composite of, in the case of the ip4000 and similar printers, CMYK carts.