Baumgrenze's Current Printers

baumgrenze

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4700 and MP980
Nifty suggested a bit more information about me.

After 50 years in Palo Alto, we moved to Charlottesville, VA to be closer to family. We arrived ~3.5 years ago on 3/14/23 (a significant date for Covid-19.) At 83 I'm slowing down a bit, but I still enjoy nature photography, wildflowers (on still days,) lichens, fungi, objects that don't move around too quickly.

We have 2 printers, a Brother HL-L2320D black-and-white printer and a Canon Pixma Pro-200 for photo prints. The latter is proving difficult to keep connected to my Windows 10 desktop. I've opened a thread in the PK Canon Ink-Jet forum.

Our historic printers were a Canon Pixma IP4700, a HP Deskjet 882 and a HP LaserJet 4. I don't recall the numbers of the first printers that used tractor paper and served the Apple 2+.

I used Hobbicolors ink to refill the cartridges for the IP4700 for many years. I did everything I could to keep it running. I routinely printed cards on 0.017 inch thick (17 PT) cardstock in the rear tray. Eventually I could not reset the ink sump anymore. It was Canon obsolete.

I was a regular on Moe's 'Fix Your Own Printer' and can't recall all the DYI repairs I made on various printers.

That said, I did few repairs on our 2012 Nissan Leaf and anticipate none on our new Kia Niro EV.

I'm a retired synthetic organic chemist (PhD 1967.) Yesterday I tried my hand at grafting fig trees, something I did in Palo Alto many times.

That about says it,
baumgrenze

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Last edited:

baumgrenze

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4700 and MP980
l registered with the Canon Community (I already have a MyCanon account) and created a new username that fits the allowed space. I used the same PW as I used for the MyCanon account. I tried to sign in and the PW/username are rejected. Is the Canon Community always this unfriendly?
thanks
baumgrenze