Basic all-in-one inkjet?

__-_-_-__

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
what are your printing and scanning needs? how many pages per month will you be printing? have you considered cartridges/ink costs? have you considered a CISS? do you need to fast printing? do you need high quality printing? what connectivity do you need? flash card reader? ethernet? wifi? bluetooth? irda? you need a built in lcd? do you need fax?
how do you except to get help if we don't known what your needs are?

"good for the cash" it depends how much will you be printing. but generally the answer for basics all-in-one is a big NO. they cost a lot in long term. even if you print like 50pages per month, in long term it will be way more expensive then buying a bit more costly all-in-one. like people use to say here, buy cheap, pay twice (or even much more). so, no good for the cash.

it's a paradox, but basics all-in-one printers are usually the most expensive printers. I remind you that most manufacturers sell these kind of printers below the manufacturing cost and make their profits (huge profits) selling cartridges.

but a in a more in-depth analysis of cost:
that printer only takes 2 cartridges, 1 back 1 tricolor, that means if you run of yellow, cyan of magenta ink you have to waste the 2 other inks you still have.
also, HP 300 tricolor cartridge only prints about 160 colour copies (+ the cost of the black one).
(note: you also have XL versions that print about 440)

so make your calculations.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Also, this printer uses cartridges that have built-in print heads which means they will be more expensive than cartridges that contain only ink. If you plan on refilling, it will be much more difficult.

This printer does not have automatic duplex which is a feature I really love in my Canon printers because it allows you to print booklets that use one quarter of the paper.