Banding problem with Epson SURELAB

Anas BENJELLOUN

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SURELAB SR3000 DR
is there any chance that paper feeder/roller/advance is responsible for that type of banding ?!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
if the problem would be related to the paper transport, the banding should look similar regardless of which colors are printed. This could be a test to try. How does the width of the banding change with different quality settings ? One could as well assume that the print head carriage has some loose on the way forth and back, that could be some deposit on the transport rod or other parts which guide the carriage, that's just a matter of a fraction of a millimeter. Epson long time ago even had a driver option 'Micro Weave' to overcome such problem. So it may be that the unit requies service and greasing of some parts, or the opposite - cleaning some parts in the transport mechanism.

Last edited:

Purnomo Setiawan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson d700
Same thing happened to me with surelab d700.
After epson replaced new HEad and Pumping system, the banding is appear, only with Magenta (red). I dont know why ? Before head and pumping being replaced, i never had this problem, only my head is clogged every single morning, so they replaced itu with the new one.
my epson printed better before with old head than this new one.
Any idea ?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I don't think so, the banding would have stripes.
Well, yes but looking at the output that's sort of what seems to be happening.

I'm not sure this is all of it but as note elsewhere, if you can see into the printer body, try looking for a transparent disk to the left of the paper feed. No idea what it'll look like in your particular model but what you're looking for is some kind of soiling on that disk, be it grease, ink or something else. I'm just wondering if something is causing the paper feed to overfeed just a tiny bit on each rotation as the banding is fairly uniform.

That it's not appearing to affect other colour output would normally put paid to that kind of thinking but I'm wondering if the black is sufficiently dense enough not to show the same issue and the yellow just too faint.

It's worth checking either way and it would jell with the printer having been serviced if someone wasn't paying attention on re-assembly.

Printerz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureLab D700
Hi all,

I'm experiencing some strange banding since few days on our Epson SURELAB.
I know banding is a generic word for anything that looks like 'streaks' or 'bands' on prints, but the banding we get is quite strange.

I've ran probably more than 10 powerfull cleaning on the 6 heads of the surelab during this last week, the print pattern is absolutely perfect. (see attached)

I've printed purge pattern, and it seems like banding occurs only on magenta and cyan (lights cyan and magenta as well) - black and yellow are OK (see attached)

View attachment 2317

The surelab has been working last a charm for the last 6 months, until it starts banding.
The only change was a ink cartridges replacement.

Do you guys have any clues ? i'm quite desparate right now ...

@Anas BENJELLOUN,
Dear Anas,
On a SureLab D3000 I do have exactly the problem you describe. Nozzles check is fine, but there are lines like you show in your picture.
How did this end? So what was the final solution?

Thank you,
Printerz.

Anas BENJELLOUN

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SURELAB SR3000 DR
The solution was : head replacement !
This machine was a NIGHTMARE to own : 5 heads in 5 years.
Those last weeks, it starts to leak very very badly (it actually screwed the floor very very badly)
So i gave up, and bought a Fuji DX100.