Bambulab X1C bed made from cheese soft material?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Interesting!

I watch a LOT of videos where people put these (and other) printers through a lot of stress-tests, and I haven't seen this as one of the things / issues reported.

... but I'd definitely be curious to see more info / details about this as things progress!

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I can say I have not seem any videos printing technical parts on X1C either, only toys, nonsense type of prints. No measurements with dial indicator, digital caliper, printing calibration parts either.

The carbon rods are mystery to me also. They run supposedly dry, but what bushing do they use, teflon? The carbon rods are carbon composite or carbon like they make with epoxy?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
No sure what they use for lubrication on the rods, however the Bambu printers are the most unfriendly machines to do maintenance on. Take the carriage with the toolhead as an example. If a bearing goes bad on it there is no way to replace a bearing. You have to buy a complete carriage at about $120, then remove every panel on the machine with the multiple screws that hold them on, completely strip the toolhead from the carriage, add the new carriage then rebuild the toolhead on it. The bearings and rods are completely moulded together during carriage manufacture. Quite simply they do not want you to be able to replace a $1 bearing, that would be a loss of more revenue for them.