B200 error on MX850

Bird333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I haven't used the printer for a few months. Put it back in service yesterday. Had to do a few cleaning cycles but everything was fine. Today I slightly opened the lid to manually open the paper drawer and boom B200 error. I have tried to clean the printhead but I still get the error. Any other suggestions?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Bird333, the only thing you can do is too remover both cartridges and print head and leave the printer powered off while you soak the print head in some warm water with a few drops of Dreft, (Washing up liquid) overnight, ¼“deep.

Next Morning wrap the head in a paper towel and shake dry, then clean the back on the contacts with some alcohol, now it is ready to put back in the printer, and power on.

Wait a minute or two for the printer to settle then reinstall the cartridges and run a head clean followed by a nozzle check, it should now print normally again...

Bird333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have unscrewed the head and cleaned the gasket and the other areas thoroughly. I have used Windex and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed with really hot water. :) Do you think that is enough cleaning? I think the blue tank was leaking some. Even after all that cleaning, I sprayed some Windex on a paper towel and then sprayed some on the ink pads and let it sit for about 20 minutes this morning while I did other things and there was still a little blue that showed up on the towel.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ops, what I said was to soak the head in shallow warm water, and your very action of dismantling the head may well see its demise, print heads should never be taken apart to clean, it is totally unnecessary and never rinsed in very hot water...

Bird333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I had already tried to clean it before I posted. Well hopefully it will be ok? Is there anything special about Dreft soap or will any laundry detergent work?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Because you’ve already done all the print head cleaning it’s not necessary to do any more, the Dreft I was referring to is this one for dishes..
Capture.jpg

Bird333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Same question. Is there something special about Dreft or can you use another dish washing liquid?

Dean

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG 5660
Hi Folks
I have come across this issue many times on various older model Canon printers. Occasionally by removing the printhead and giving the nozzles a thorough clean and also cleaning all contacts etc they work again. To be honest the majority of the time the printhead is simply dead and needs replacing. Sam issue as the U053 and U053