Auto Reset Chips

rckowal

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just installed refillable cartridges in an Epson Artisan 50. I have a few simple questions. The first is followed by a quote right out of the Epson user manual.

1. Will the after market ARS chips do the same thing? If not, how will I know that the cartridges need to be refilled (other than removing them from the printer)?

Epson Manual: "When the ink warning light starts flashing, a cartridge is low on ink. You can continue printing until a cartridge needs replacement. When the ink warning light stays on, you need to replace a cartridge.

Note:
You cannot print when an ink cartridge is expended even if the other cartridges are not expended. Replace any expended cartridges before printing.

A window will appear on your computer screen when you try to print when ink is low."!

2. Will the after market ARS chips also do the following?

There is a utility called "Status Monitor 3" which is accessed under Printer Preferences - Maintenance tab. It shows the current level of ink in all six of the cartridges. Like a fuel gauge, it can be used to monitor the drop in level of each color.

Help will be much appreciated.

Regards, Richard