Auto Reset Cartridges for PIXMA MG7740 TS8040 TS9040

khalidinho

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P600
Hi. i wanted to know where can I find an Auto Reset Cartidges for my Canon TS8040 (or PIXMA MG7740 TS8040 TS9040). The original Canon ink cartridges are 6 colors:

PGI-470 Photo Black
CLI-471 Black.
CLI-471 Cyan.
CLI-471 Magenta.
CLI-471 Yellow.
CLI-471 Grey.

also, if anyone has experience with the Precision Color inks for PGI-270 & CLI-271 if those inks can be replaced/used for PGI-470 & CLI-471 cartridges because PC inks are very good?

thank you very much.

KJ

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Canon printers and cartridges are divided into regions. From a Chinese cartridge vendor's site I compiled this list:

Canon regions:
Region 1 for South American and Mexican markets
Region 2 for North American market
Region 3 for Japanese market
Region 4 for Middle East, Russian and African markets
Region 5 for European and Australian markets *)
Region 7 for Asian market
Region 8 for Chinese market
*) With the introduction of the PGI-x50/CLI-x51 cartridges Australia and New Zeeland got their own region 6:
PGI-650, CLI-651 C/M/Y/BK/GY

The cartridges and inks for the different regions are identical. The only difference is the label and regional coding of the chip. This means that the Precision Colors refill inks for PGI-270/CLI-271 (Region 2, North America) are suitable for all Canon region cartridges of the PGI-x70/CLI-x71 family.

I think all refillable cartridges with auto reset chip are made in China. There are more brands and the quality might differ. I think the easiest way to find some cartridges will be Googling "CLI-471 GY refillable cartridge" and finding for instance this. These cartridges seem to be multi regional, so it should not be necessary to buy region 4 cartridges.

I think no aftermarket cartridges are the same high build quality as Canon OEM cartridges, so it is recommended to monitor the print quality closely and stop and correct the error at the first sign of printer malfunction. Leakage and ink starvation are typical errors with aftermarket cartridges.

Last edited:

khalidinho

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P600
Canon printers and cartridges are divided into regions. From a Chinese cartridge vendor's site I compiled this list:

Canon regions:
Region 1 for South American and Mexican markets
Region 2 for North American market
Region 3 for Japanese market
Region 4 for Middle East, Russian and African markets
Region 5 for European and Australian markets *)
Region 7 for Asian market
Region 8 for Chinese market
*) With the introduction of the PGI-x50/CLI-x51 cartridges Australia and New Zeeland got their own region 6:
PGI-650, CLI-651 C/M/Y/BK/GY

The cartridges and inks for the different regions are identical. The only difference is the label and regional coding of the chip. This means that the Precision Colors refill inks for PGI-270/CLI-271 (Region 2, North America) are suitable for all Canon region cartridges of the PGI-x70/CLI-x71 family.

I think all refillable cartridges with auto reset chip are made in China. There are more brands and the quality might differ. I think the easiest way to find some cartridges will be Googling "CLI-471 GY refillable cartridge" and finding for instance this. These cartridges seem to be multi regional, so it should not be necessary to buy region 4 cartridges.

I think no aftermarket cartridges are the same high build quality as Canon OEM cartridges, so it is recommended to monitor the print quality closely and stop and correct the error at the first sign of printer malfunction. Leakage and ink starvation are typical errors with aftermarket cartridges.

Peter , you are a legend. Thank you for your detailed reply. Much appreciated 👍👍👍