Auto power off on ip4200 How do you test the AC Adapter

Army

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I just finished cleaning the waste ink tank on my Cannon ip4200. Before I put the case back on I tried to power the unit up to test it. I pressed the power button and it flashed green then went off. In the service manual it says this is caused either by faulty AC adapter (2 - 1 QK1-1479-000 AC ADAPTER: 100V-120V 50/60HZ) or by a fault in the logic board ( 5 - 1 QM2-2670-000 LOGIC BOARD ASSY).

I did not have this problem before but s___ happens. Does anyone have any idea how I can test the ac Adapter to decide which one I need to purchase and replace?

Here in Texas USA. :D

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I think by "AC Adapter" they mean "power supply". I'm sure it has a fuse on it. Check to see if the fuse is blown. If it isn't, see if there are any voltages coming out of the power supply. If there are, the problem is probably in the logic board. If the fuse is blown, you could replace it and see if it blows again. If it does, the problem is probably in the logic board. If it doesn't blow again, hopefully, the printer will work.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Army did the power light flash Green and then power down the printer or did the printer flash Green and die with no signs of life?

Seems like there is a lever switch on the front switch panel that can cause the light to flash green and power off when the printer is apart?

Army

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ron The power the power light flashed green then went off. If I unplug the printer and wait 1 minute it will reset. Then pressing the power button again produces the same effect. The AC adapter has a solid plastic case and I don't see any fuse anywhere on the printer.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If the power light flashes each time you turn the printer on (after waiting a minute), then the problem can't be the fuse (at least if it is in the normal position on the mains side).

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
It sounds like the power supply (AC adaptor) is working and the printers main circuit board is shutting down because it sees a fault.

Double check all the ribbon cables and make sure they are all plugged in and nothing is pinched.