At flippin' last!! *heel click*

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
18 months of seriously hard slog has finally paid off...

I'll post more when I've created a couple of images that still need doing but QuickFind version 4 is as near as dagnabbit, complete!

*collapses in gibbering heap* :rolleyes:

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Wot the L is Quickfind?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Tudor said:
It is indeed my reference tool...

The whole thing has been very un-Canon friendly since it was written for waste kit/reset info' rather than inks, refill bundles, etc... but all that's about to change.

I'll post up a link to the test page when I've got the data updated and a couple of missing images created so it actually doesn't look broken from the get go :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
... and as promised here's the test page for folks to have a play if they are so inclined:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/pages/test.html

It does need you to have an account and be logged in (Sorry, trying to stop first timers getting confused if they should find the page, not collect all your ID details :))

There's a couple of things I still need to fix up but overall the data on the Canon printers is now considerably more useful/accurate... About the only currently confusing bit is that the bulk ink set doesn't differentiate by cartridge type (refill bundles do) so a little more work to complete but it's definitely been well worth it.

If anyone wants to knock themselves out testing the data and pointing out where I've got it wrong, etc... but bear in mind this is effectively public beta so bugs are expected so be gentle ;)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Here is the first bug report. I hope it helps. I logged in to your site and did a test searching for inks for a Canon Pixma iP3600. The tool suggested the PGI-5/CLI-8 inkset. The proper suggestion is the PGI-520/CLI-521 inkset or the identical PGI-220/CLI-221 inkset.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
PeterBJ said:
Here is the first bug report. I hope it helps. I logged in to your site and did a test searching for inks for a Canon Pixma iP3600. The tool suggested the PGI-5/CLI-8 inkset. The proper suggestion is the PGI-520/CLI-521 inkset or the identical PGI-220/CLI-221 inkset.
Ahah... good catch. That was of course a deliberate(?) error to see if folks were awake *ahem* ;)

The datasheet has been amended and the iP3600 should now display the correct information, including the different cart types available.

Thanks... :)