Assistance Requested please

Citysurfboy

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP530
Hey guys, I'm a newbie and been banging my head against a wall all day. I have a Canon MP530 it was for my office from my old company and stuck in a cupboard unopened.. I've started a photography business from home and thought I'd dig it out..

No black text, being printed.. I have copied my logo (jpeg) which came out ok, I've done a screen print and am image came out ok, but the txt was header and foot. Tried the the deep cleanse and all the bits on the maintenance section, but nothing..

I changed both the black inks also and this has made no difference..

Anything you guys can recommend would be gratefully received. I would buy a new one, but this is literarily out the box new.

Cheers for now.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Please post a nozzle check print on the site.

DON'T PRINT ANYTHING BUT NOZZLE CHECK PRINTS UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED, AS YOU COULD DAMAGE THE PRINT HEAD NOZZLES!

Sounds like the PGBK (PiGment BlacK) portion of your printer is not working...the printer prints text on plain paper using PGBK ink (PGBK ink is very water-resistant), but it's not used for photos. Did photo's print OK?

There are several reasons for PGBK not functioning, most likely a clogged "purging unit", which pulls a slight vacuum on the print head nozzles during cleaning.

You might try printing text by "lying" to the printer, saying you re using matte photo paper. That typically forces black dye ink use. It's slower, but at least you might have text...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
...but this is literarily out the box new...

Does that mean you unpacked the print head from its aluminium/plastic bag and installed it? Did you also unpack and install the new Canon OEM ink cartridges supplied with the printer?