Artisan 800 (PX800FW) - New waste pad approach

notmetoo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
OrTHoTaMiNe is bringing the EPSON service Utility alive over a SSC LG forums. I can now finally reset the Waste Counter for free, even though I had already paid for the Utility @ the ridiculous price of $70 from 2manuals.

Code:
http://www.ssclg.info/cgi-bin/netboard/netboardr.cgi?fid=268&cid=267&tid=3447&pg=1&sc=20&x=0

notmetoo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
orlenz said:
Hey Notmetoo

thanks for the link, here is a direct link to the reset utility for the Artisan 700 & 800
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/315937635/TX700W_by_OrTHoTaMiNe.rar
orlenz, I think you need to put links in code.

No problem, happy to help. Did you notice the the service manual is also available at the SSC LG Forum

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/307488519/Epson_Printer__Artisan_800__Stylus_Photo_PX800FW__TX800FW___700__PX700FW__TX700FW_Service_Manual.rar
I remember my frustration trying to find a way to reset the counter, in the end I bit the bullet and surrendered to 2manuals. Paying them the $70, and waiting a few days to receive the application.

I have used the TX700W on my Epson Colorio EP-901A (Japanese) model and it works fine. The EP-901A is the same as the TX/PX800, I assume that it will work for all equivalent models regardless of the region.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
That's interesting... Never thought the TX700W would work with the TX800W but given that the difference is literally the ADF and fax functionality on the 800, it makes sense now that I think about it.

FYI: 2Manuals simply made use of the only resource willing to supply the adjustment utilities and the source was the one encoding the utilities..

As a side note I'm wondering if the supply for new utilities will dry up now though...

offroad

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I tried the Reset Utility from above on my Artisan 810 but it gets a Communication Error when you try to Retrieve Status or Reset the Maintenance Counter.
Has anyone been able to get this to work on their 810 or is their another program available that works with it?

Thanks.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
offroad said:
I tried the Reset Utility from above on my Artisan 810 but it gets a Communication Error when you try to Retrieve Status or Reset the Maintenance Counter.
Has anyone been able to get this to work on their 810 or is their another program available that works with it?
The error you got probably ended in 21 at a guess and this error is appearing on other resetters that haven't worked properly after being "tweaked" (T50, T60, etc..)

I'm not aware of a working version yet but I'm always keeping my eyes open..