Artisan 50 4x6 cartridge yield.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I just finished printing a really large run of 250 4x6 pictures for a friend. Boy does it take a really long time when doing 250 prints at the photo rpm (max dpi) setting. I did notice that you get just about 60 4x6 prints before one of the cartridges runs out. This time light magenta was the one that kept running out, of course with my ciss it's just a press of a button and all the cartridges reset so ink usage doesn't really affect me but that's not a terribly impressive photo yield for a set of "78" cartridges. Why couldn't these third party chip producers have replicated the 77 cartridge? When one runs out the printer stops in the middle of a print and then after resetting it attempts to start where it left off. I didn't want to lose my position in the print run so this just annoyingly wastes two sheets. But 60 4x6 translates to only 15 or so full page photo prints. I should test out exactly how long it lasts on full photo pages by printing on plain pages but still that's a pretty poor yield. Must mean really big bucks for people who buy oem cartridges to do their photos.