bert01980

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R1400
Hello to all,
excuse me now my bad English,
I have an Epson R1400 with dye-based inks and a colormunki Photo

I saw that you have gone far ahead with testing and modifications to the parameters with Aryll and ColorMunki ...

gently you can give me the strings that are good?

Many thanks
Roberto

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Roberto. Someone should be along soon to help you with your question. Enjoy the forum and happy printing!

bert01980

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R1400
Hello Stratman...
thanks for the reply and for the welcome ...
Use Argyll and ColorMunki past 5 years and thanks to this forum I have taken significant steps, but since I print just little I wanted to know if someone more "professional" had found the optimal settings

thanks again
Roberto

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hi Roberto,
I see you are interested in the various parameter strings for the Argyll commands. I doubt if there are optimal settings, we all have our own views :), but if you take a look at post number one on the thread:

http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...p-argyll-cms-profiling-on-your-computer.8570/

you will see several sets of commands that various people have developed to their own liking. They are stored in the batch files, (labelled as xxxxxx.txt files for downloading) which can be re-labelled xxxxxx.bat after downloading.

You could start with CAP480 which gives good results with only 480 patches. Click on CAP480.txt and open in Notepad to see the lines.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited:

bert01980

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R1400
Dear Emulator,

Thank you very much for the information.
I read the thread and I know all the possible combinations. I need to do a ruler for this though, which for me it's not a problem at all. . Do you think I can use more than 480 patches without having reading problems?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Roberto

Edit:

Up to today I have profiled A3 papers where the size of the patches was 8X11 mm. I have never had reading problems with this measurements. My fear is that reducing the amount of patches it can cause reading problems.
Tank you so much in advance!

Last edited:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hi Roberto,

I use 957 patches on A4 with the guiding frame/ruler in the thread, without many reading problems. With 480 and a ruler I doubt if you would have many.

bert01980

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R1400
Hello Emulator,
ok I will try with the 957 Patches...
many thanks for the help
Roberto