Anyone know the internal workings of a Mp560? Loud squeek inside!

icarr757

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a kicking little Pixma Mp560 that will greatly sadden me when it dies. Cheap and easy to refill! With that in mind, I have noticed, that when the printer pulls a page back in to print on the 2nd side of the paper, the printer makes a rather loud squeeking noise. Since the printer wont run with the top open, I have no clue where the noise is comming from and was wondering if anyone might know where I could spritz a little WD40 or such to keep my printer running happy. Would a light spray of WD40 in the joints of the rollers and the internal mechanisms be a bad thing?

Thanks, Happy New Year!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I believe the duplex has two parts... one in the back of the printer and there's a drop down part in the media tray in the base of the printer as well..

Not sure if that's the same in the MP560 but I'd look at those areas for potential culprits...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
WD40 contains solvents that might attack certain plastics. Link to WD40 FAQ here: http://www.wd40.com/faqs/ . The Canon service manuals I have recommend the use of a lubricant FLOIL KG107A, Canon part number QY9-0057-000. A Google search on this part number finds many suppliers. Also because of the smell I wouldn't spray WD40 inside any of my printers.