Any ideas on a flatbed or other multi-function that is easy to refill?

mutton-javelin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello all. Great Forum. I've filled printers for years but I could use some input.

I need a recommendation for a printer. I need a scanner/copier function as well.

I do not need anything fancy (ie expensive:p)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PS it is to replace my MP190

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
My Daughter just bought the MP 282 for under $50 here in Oz & we can buy an ink refill kit from InkTec which has the bits needed & later on we can use some other makers inks using the InkTec bits & pieces.

tomv80

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Whatever you do, go for an Epson. They are pretty cheap if it comes to maintenance, too.

mutton-javelin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Do you need a reset chip for most Epsons?

the NX430 All-in-One Printer is 69$US at Staples. My printer is totally fried and I need one soon (maybe today even).

I some of the refill methods here. I did not need a chip for my MP 190, I just did the reset thing. It does give that annoying ink pop-up but I just hit OK and print when I need to.

Some more information

I print a high volume of B and W stuff. Some color photos for the family. I need the scanner for testing software. I could get by without the scanner function if it was a dealbreaker.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Most any Epson Artisan and they are being sold for about a hundred at the moment. Most have the scanner/fax and all you asked for built in and a refillable damper set with RATF chips will set you back about $39.00 plus shipping from inkjetcarts with 120 mil inks going for $5.50 a bottle. Other sources may be about the same, I don't know!