Any Experinces with INK4ART? (Canon BCi-6)

mcm30114

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I have a Canon Pixma i8500 (BCI-6 series carts) and bought a few sets of pre-filled ink from them (good bundle prices, especially at specific discount rates). In printing to some Office Depot Photo Glossy bulk, the reds are oversaturated and other colors appear a bit muted. Overall, I'd rate them a "..Meh.." .. for the price, I cant complain. I've gone through a few sets of their carts (chineese sourced?) and have had no ill-printer problems.

I just got a GretagMacbeth coloromitor and will be seeing if I can set some printer profiles (printer + paper + ink) to see where things are.

In the mean time, any expereinces with INK4ART? Quality of Ink? If I was to go for printing photos mostly, should I go back to OEM for consistency and quality? or is there a good ink supplier that I should check on?

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Mike,

There seems to be three highly respected inks---very very close to Canon OEM color balance.-----somewhat favored here. Other good inks exist but those three are popular choices.

Those inks are formulalabs, MIS, and hobbicolors.

In another post I gave you a url for formulalabs, MIS is www.inksupply.com and hobbicolors mainly vends on ebay---just type hobbicolors on the ebay search bar.

One selling point for hobbicolors is their refill kits and very cheap virgin blanks with a screw seal for the ink inlet hole.

Others may come along with other suggestions but this is a start. Lots of other inks and vendors are reviewed here---much to read and learn.