Another question for jtoolman!

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Joe,

Now that I am well on the path to being set (oops! for now) with the 3880 up and running on Cone pigment. I have need of a A3 Dye ink printer. Don't really fancy a R3000 its too big, and I'm wanting to stay with Epson. Given your vast array of printers in that room of yours any suggestions, got a favourite?

Must be usable with refill carts, but cant be a 1430 as the local machines apparently have a Regional chip and Rihac set it up with CISS.

Cheers,

Andrew

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Inkjetcarts supposedly has chips for all regions! According to Ross Hardy.
Otherwise why not one of the excellent Canon PRO 9000 MKII
Super easy to refill original carts with IS or other good ink. Resetters are available as well as auto reset chips.

Joe

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks,

Contacted inkjetcarts with a question on carts for the 1430.
Canon 9000 Mk II is replaced with the Pro1 series, so any machine will be second hand and unsupported by the local Canon folks.
One company in another State is offering them on eBay for$A799, just damn silly prices........we REALLY do have a Retail industry in Australia that just cant GET global marketing and live their brief lives (in Retail) on a dream cloud with the fairies at the bottom of the garden!!!!!

Cheers,

Andrew

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Jtoolman is right stick with the Pro 9000 and stay away from the newer Pro 10/Pro100 printers for now,
it is the latter that are unsupported at present.

The 9000 will be around for quite some time to come unlike your little fairies
and should be far cheaper to buy and maintain than most of the newer models.

Are the post and excise charges that expensive that you cant bring one in from overseas,
like put on the declaration sheet its a present, Ross in inkjetcarts is great (The Man) at that sort of thing..:)

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brian,

Pro9000MkII from USA US$267 + freight, no duty payable............BUT does one RISK shipping just one printer on its own from the USA.
There is a 9500MkII advertised second hand at a reasonable price...anything wrong with the 9500?

Cheers,

Andrew

As this has shifted to a Canon focus I have posted in the Canon forum, but will keep an eye on this one too - thanks

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I have just bought the Pro 9500 in Brisbane for $699 plus $300 worth of Canon photo paper at Photo Continental one of the main photo shops up here.
I think it must be a Canon type offer as Photo Continental are not a discount shop.
The Pro 9000 is a great dye printer & the prints last when under glass but the inks can fade quickly on cheaper papers. I mainly use the 9000 now for club competitions as most of them end up in the bin afterwards.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
3dogs said:
Brian,

Pro9000MkII from USA US$267 + freight, no duty payable............BUT does one RISK shipping just one printer on its own from the USA.
There is a 9500MkII advertised second hand at a reasonable price...anything wrong with the 9500?

Cheers,

Andrew
See I told you Rod is the Man and he is right on about the 9500 too.
The 9500 is an all pigment printer mainly used for high quality long lasting prints on the best quality papers,
it is a better printer than the 9000 but it is far more expensive to run than the 9000.

If you use OEM inks and paper then youd have to be selling your prints to justify the extra costs,
even the 3rd party inks are dearer but its probably the easiest printer to refill than any other.

If it is a tossup on which one to get then the 9000 wins hands down for day to day work and making beautiful glossy photos
and by far the cheapest to run but if you can afford the two of them like Rob has then get both.. :)