Another one bites the dust -MG6300

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Took my 4-5 year old MG6320 to the recycle depot.
Suddenly no output, ink is getting thru via cleaning. No error codes. Nothing unordinary. Just Nada in printing.
About 12,000 pages.
Took out priinthead and power supply. The logic board is likely defective or some sort of error that the engineers did not anticipate to generate a fault condition.

Bye Bye.........................

Brought out an MP600 stored for 4 years. It went into storage with carts full. Now they were about 1/2 empty, indicating that approx half the ink dried out over the 4 years.
One head clean then a nozzle check. Perfect.
Then I swapped in freshly refilled carts and it is ready to go. Yeah, I should have swapped first.

Now this illustrates why when storing printers to leave ink in the printer BUT make sure the carts are fully refilled and prints properly. Then shut off and put away. If the carts were close to empty the carts would have been dried out and most likely the printhead would have a few clogs or needing some work.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
when storing printers to leave ink in the printer BUT make sure the carts are fully refilled and prints properly. Then shut off and put away.
Great stress test.

Had similar experience with my MP830 stored with cartridges installed that worked properly after 8+ months in storage.